Whether you are selling your home or an investment property, it is imperative that you find the best real estate agency to represent you. Choosing an agency to work with isn't an easy task, there are so many offering their services in your area, that there is some homework you are going to have to complete to help you narrow down your search list and choose that one real estate agency you feel is going to provide you the best service and help you achieve the best price.
Of course, you want as much as possible for your property, which is why you may want to spend a little time investigating the current property market to get some idea on whether now is the right time to sell or not. If there is a shortage of properties in the area, then you know you are likely to achieve your price or at least close to it. But if it is a buyers' market, you may want to hold off for a short while, just until the tables turn in your favor.
Choosing Real Estate Agency for Selling Property
- When looking at real estate agencies, you should choose three agencies that have a good reputation in your area. This is your chance to review each one and then compare them against each other to find the one you feel is the right choice, signing a mandate and giving them the freedom to sell your home on your behalf.
- The first step is to call in each of the agencies and ask them to give you a written valuation. The written valuation isn't only to give you an indication of what you can expect to achieve for your property, but it's also an opportunity to meet the agent, identify their professionalism and reliability. An agent that arrives late for the appointment or doesn't present themselves professionally, should be crossed off the list, narrowing down your selection immediately.
- Ask them what properties they have sold in the area recently and then contact those sellers and buyers to identify how they rate their experience working with this particular real estate agency. Current and past customers are going, to be honest, if they didn't have a good experience, they will share this with you, helping you make the best decision to help you sell quickly and at the best possible price.
- Next, you will want to ensure that they have the relevant licenses to work in the area. Most countries require their agents to be registered. This is a check that is done to ensure that they are reliable and trustworthy. When handing over the keys to a real estate agency, you need to be able to do so with complete confidence.
Look at the agencies criteria. How long have they been in business, especially in the area you are selling it? What is their market share? Are they mandated to sell the majority of the properties in your specific area?
- The next important factor you are going to want to concentrate on when choosing a real estate agency to sell your house is their experience, especially with foreign investors. Depending on where you are selling, you may find that there is a demand from foreign investors looking to buy in the area. If the agency you have chosen has a dedicated team that works with investors, your chances of selling are greatly increased.
- The final steps you need to take is to identify the real estate agency's current listings. You want to see how many properties they currently have on their books in your local area and then identify the average time the properties they are selling remain on the market before they are sold.
As the leading real estate agency, we cannot talk more about choosing the right agency. However, we can tell about ourselves. And that is, when you will depend on us, you won't have to worry about a second. We are here for you.